Matterport is a new construction technology that’s blazing a trail for 3D space capture applications. This comprehensive platform transforms building spaces into digital twin models that bring the design to life. It allows you to get the feel of a building layout without being there. Many architectural, engineering and construction professionals are integrating this revolutionary concept into their building information modeling (BIM) processes.
How Does Matterport Work?
Matterport consists of an intuitive artificial intelligence (AI) platform that converts scans into interactive 3D models. The AI can combine scans and stitch them together, reconstructing the space into an immersive virtual tour that adds depth to the design.
To utilize Matterport for construction, connect your 3D camera, 360-degree spherical camera, lidar camera or even your mobile device and scan your space. The Matterport app will transform your space into a 3D design you can share with other team members, making it an excellent collaboration tool.
What Are the Benefits of Using Matterport?
Matterport offers a host of benefits:
- Unmatched quality: Matterport 3D models provide unparalleled precision and detail. You’ll get a more realistic digital experience you can’t replicate with other modeling tools. As a construction, engineering or design professional, you’ll be able to optimize your project results and provide better service to your clients.
- Ease of use: Using Matterport doesn’t require extensive experience or technical expertise. The automated processing and functionality simplify the process. The intuitive Matterport capture app lets you scan and edit your images and create a sharp, detailed 3D model you can share via email or social media or embed on a website.
- Seamless integration: If you’re an architecture or engineering professional, you’ll appreciate the way Matterport can streamline your design and modeling processes. The platform integrates with your existing software, whether you use AutoCAD, Revit or other popular BIM solutions.
- Enhanced collaboration: The shareability of Matterport technology fosters collaboration and teamwork. You’ll be able to receive input and feedback from all partners, resulting in more efficient management and faster project completion times.
- Improved facilities management capabilities: If you’re a facilities manager, Matterport offers a reliable solution for surveying your buildings. You’ll be able to monitor conditions and manage your maintenance practices more effectively. You can also access critical building intelligence to create a more practical, efficient layout. You’ll likely experience substantial savings on your site surveying and as-built modeling expenses, too.
Contact Alta Construction to Learn More
Do you want to experience the advantages of using the revolutionary Matterport spatial data platform for your next project? Alta Construction can help. We know how to apply this technology to achieve optimal results in various architecture, engineering and construction applications.
As a sophisticated construction company, Alta focuses on delivering higher quality through enhanced communication and transparency and implementing a partnership approach. We’re also licensed in several states, enabling us to assist clients that operate multiple facilities.
Contact Alta Construction today to learn more about the benefits of incorporating Matterport into your work processes.