If you’re planning a commercial or retail construction project of any size, our design-build services will carry your project from initial concept through completion. This method is the simplest, most effective and most efficient way to handle any new construction, tenant improvement, renovation or remodel. Our team will create a unified workflow that considers every factor and makes it easy for you to stay continuously informed.
End-to-End Design Build Solutions
With construction design-build services, we take care of everything from start to finish. Alta’s design and construction team enters into your project with the same dedication, drive and enthusiasm as a fellow stakeholder to manage each step of the process.
Preconstruction design-build services start with taking your idea and making a set of workable project plans. Our team will create drawings that meet your specifications, comply with local building codes and adhere to any special structural or engineering requirements. This phase also includes setting a project budget, creating a plan and gathering construction documentation.
Once your project is ready to start, our team will select and qualify subcontractors, and then supervise them on the job. We’ll schedule material deliveries, allocate resources, inspect for quality and enforce safety regulations, all while making sure the project stays on time and within your budget. Our managers will also take care of scheduling inspections before the final turnkey delivery.
Types of Design-Build Projects We Execute
Regardless of the project at hand, you’ll benefit from a highly skilled team comprising architects, designers, construction managers and a dedicated project manager. These are just a few of the types of retail and commercial construction projects Alta Construction can help with:
- Leasehold improvements: We will modify your space to ensure it’s equipped for the purposes of your next tenant, performing tasks such as moving walls, windows and ceilings and installing fixtures, electrical resources and plumbing.
- Structural remodeling: From extensions to interior and exterior structural changes, we provide professional design-build services to ensure your remodel project runs smoothly and without unnecessary delays.
- Property renovations: Our technologically advanced design-build process empowers us to update and repair your office or store building to ensure it’s up to code and meets your business requirements.
- Ground-up construction: Our team of experts provides turnkey design and construction management services, overseeing your new construction project from its initial design stage through to handover.
Watch Your Project Come to Life
Choosing a design-build solution brings everyone involved in realizing your vision onto the same team, from the designers to the subcontractors working on the build. Everyone will share the same goal, use the same map and work together to overcome any challenges along the way.
There are several benefits to using design-build services on projects of any size. These often include:
- Greater savings. When we have complete control of your project, we can look for ways to reduce costs and improve efficiency, helping you save and stay under budget.
- Reduced risk. We are a licensed general contracting firm. Partnering with us eliminates multiple risks and provides you with the peace of mind that our work is covered.
- Expedited completion. With design-build services, we streamline the entire construction process. We can create a more productive schedule for faster project completion.
- Higher quality. Our team is committed to ensuring your project meets your needs and expectations. We will work to enforce tight quality controls and excellent service.
- Tighter accountability. Our design-build services place all the accountability for costs, scheduling, permitting and quality control on our firm. We assume full project responsibility.
- More time. Design-build is a time-saving solution that lets you direct your attention toward operations and growth. Our team will make sure you’re always informed.
Your Partner for Advanced Solutions
At Alta Construction, we are a certified Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) and are fully licensed and insured for your protection. Our firm uses the latest construction software solutions, including BuildingConnected, Procore and Raken, to deliver superior results and an unmatched client experience. Let’s discuss your next retail or commercial project and how you can partner with our industry-leading firm for a cost-effective, timely and successful result. Contact our team via our convenient online contact form to talk about your requirements and learn how we can bring your ideas to life.
Why Choose Alta Construction as Your Design-Build Partner
There are clear benefits associated with working with a turnkey design-build firm. However, you’ll enjoy additional advantages when you choose Alta Construction as your commercial or retail construction project partner, such as:
- Accurate budgeting: We put our advanced project budgeting software and years of expertise to work to help you develop a realistic budget, including tools to manage invoices and expenses.
- Feasible schedule: We’ll work with you to devise an efficient project schedule to ensure the best possible results are delivered on time and within budget.
- Improved communication: Our state-of-the-art software ensures that everyone involved remains updated and in the loop throughout the course of the project.
- Efficient management: We employ leading commercial construction project management software, which simplifies the process and ensures efficient execution of each project stage.
- Accelerated turnover: Our improved communication and management systems, along with the streamlined nature of our design-build approach, ensure we deliver top-tier results in the shortest span of time.
- Licensed partner: Alta Construction is a commercial and retail design-build contractor licensed to perform work in many U.S. states, including California, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas and several others.
Design-Build Service FAQs
Design-build services can expedite the construction process by ensuring everyone involved is on the same team. If you’re curious about this option, Alta Construction can answer some of the most commonly asked questions about the design-build process.
Is Design-Build More Expensive?
Generally speaking, design-build is less expensive than other options. When one team has full control over the entire project, the designer and contractor are on the same team and work from the same budget script. We’re also more likely to seek out cost savings for you, as doing so improves our overall bottom line.
Design-build also often costs less than traditional construction because it takes less time. Even the smallest delays can cause your project’s price to add up. The more efficient schedule and greater accountability during design-build help keep costs down and ensure progress.
Is Design-Build the Same as Design-Bid-Build?
Design-build and design-bid-build are not the same because they use different team structures. With design-build, the builder and designer fall into the same category and work on the same team. Everyone is under the same contract, and the project moves through phases simultaneously.
The design-bid-build process creates a separation between the designer and the contractor. The building owner chooses what they want to build, then reaches out to a designer or architect, who creates the initial design. The designer or architect returns the finished design to the owner to use in a bid package.
The owner then sends the bid package to contractors and collects bids from them. They compare bids and decide who to work with based on the cost and project scope. From there, the contractor sets out to build the project. In design-bid-build construction, the contractor and designer remain separate.
Usually, design-build costs less than design-bid-build due to the streamlined process. The design-build process is generally faster than design-bid-build construction, too.