Alta Construction is seeking a motivated team player with excellent organizational and communication skills for a Project Coordinator position. The ideal candidate will have 1-2 years’ experience in an office environment and will be responsible for providing project management support. Responsibilities include involvement in all aspects of project estimating, documentation, material ordering, and supporting the project operations team with administrative tasks.
Under the supervision of the Project Manager the responsibilities include the following:
- Coordinate the Pre-construction phase activities.
- Completing initial job set up for estimating; ie Procore software, In-house storage.
- Compiling and following upon request for bids from a subcontractor.
- Assisting with the prequalification of subcontractors.
- Data entry to estimate forms.
- Project coordination and administration.
- Completing material purchasing and procurement requests.
- Assist with processing and tracking of project submittals through Procore.
- Collecting, organizing and preparing all project closeout documents.
- Coordinating and scheduling project meetings through calendar invites.
- Taking and distributing project meeting minutes and action items.
- Support Project Ops team in miscellaneous administrative tasks.
- There will be other duties assigned as operational need arises.
- Written Communication – Writes clear, precise, well-organized letters, proposals and emails. The individual edits work for spelling and grammar and is able to read and interpret written information. Uses appropriate vocabulary and grammar.
- Planning and Organizing – Understands the short-term priorities for the Operations Department. Able to prioritize necessary tasks. Keeps documentation organized.
- Dependability – The individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction, and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Technology – The individual regularly uses standard word processing and spreadsheet software tools to enhance the efficiency and accuracy of work performed.
Education and Experience
- High School or GED plus one year of experience in an office environment. Knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office.
- Maintains safety in their individual work area by understanding and complying with the appropriate use of office equipment. Reports all accidents in a timely manner.
Position Type and Work Schedule
- This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8AM – 5PM.